Irrigation & Fertigation Systems
Drip & Sprinkler Irrigation system
Innovative Greenhouse Projects LLP offer excellent agricultural irrigation systems known as drip irrigation and Sprinkler irrigation systems, which are carried out after thoroughly understanding the interconnectivity among water, soil, land terrain, climatic conditions, crop and other factors. Organic farmers believe in economical and non-wasteful use of resources including water.
Drip Irrigation – The Drip Irrigation (trickle irrigation, micro irrigation) System is a gift for dry land cultivation where water is the major limiting factor. With our drip irrigation system, one can be rest assured of saving of water but also early maturity, bountiful harvest. Further, this agricultural irrigation services is cost effective in all respects like labour for irrigation, weeding & cost of fertilizer application.
Advantages of Drip Irrigation:
- Low water consumption
- Levelling of the filed is not necessary
- Applicable to all type of soils
- Minimised soil erosion
- Minimise the fertiliser loss and leaching
- Moisture within the root zone can be maintained at field capacity
- Highly uniform distribution by the aid of nozzles
- Economic use of manpower
- Fertigation technology can be easily adopted using drip systems
- Efficient use of fertilisers
Sprinkler Irrigation is a method of applying irrigation water, which is similar to natural rainfall. Sprinklers provide efficient coverage for small to large areas and are suitable for use on all types of properties. It is also adaptable to nearly all irrigable soils since sprinklers are available in a wide range of discharge capacity.
Advantages of Sprinkler Irrigation
- Does not require surface shaping or levelling
- Can be applied to areas of suitable variable topography
- Adaptable for most crops
- Adaptable to most of the soils
- Flexibility by using suitable sprinkler heads
- Fertiliser application is easily used with sprinkler system
Fertigation is a method of fertilizer application in which fertilizer is incorporated within the irrigation water by the drip system. In this system fertilizer solution is distributed evenly in irrigation. The availability of nutrients is very high therefore the efficiency is more. In this method liquid fertilizer as well as water soluble fertilizers are used. By this method, fertilizer use efficiency is increased from 80 to 90 per cent.
Fertigation is all about enriching the crops with the right nutrient quantities, combinations, and at the right timings. Precision fertigation, in turn, and as the word precision suggests, indicates the right combination of nutrients and water directly to the root zone of the crop, based on the crop development cycles, thus ensuring a comparatively higher quantity and the quality of yield.
Precision fertigation injection system is an alternative towards controlling your fertilizer investments, through tweaking the fertilizer dosages on demand in accordance with the requirements. These controlled fertilizer dosages would prevent issues such as groundwater contamination and leaching.
We use our expertise and experience in the local context to ensure that precision fertigation brings the desired results and helps farmers plan and project the crop yield and its quality.
Fertigation has various advantages over other fertilization methods, and when properly used, it saves time and money.
Some of the advantages are:
- Fertilizer application is more accurate and uniform
- Fertilizers are applied to specific areas, where they are needed
- Nutrient are immediately available to plants
- Uptake of nutrients by roots is improved
- It saves labor
- It helps to save water, because plants develop a healthier root system
- Nutrient losses are minimized
Effective fertigation requires knowledge and proper management, since fertilizer application is an integral part of the irrigation system. Therefore, the system has to be properly designed and for best results, contact us.